Thursday September 9th is R U OK? Day. For many people this day acts as a prompt for us to ask friends, family and colleagues, “Are you OK?”.
The ARC CPTT is aware that not everyone will feel comfortable asking or indeed answering that question. We know that mental health is an ongoing discussion, beyond what a single day can encapsulate. The last two years have been extremely challenging for all of us, and so we are using this day as an opportunity to provide you with resources that will help you to ask and answer this question in the days, weeks and months ahead. Your conversation could save a life, and it is important to be equipped.
- The first resource available is the R U OK? Day Workplace champions pack, which you can access here. Please take a moment to review the contents and consider saving a copy to your files.
- The second resource is the R U OK? Day webinar, which will be run on R U OK? Day. Full details for the webinar are included below, and it is FREE to register.
Join the free R U OK? Day webinar 12.30pm Thurs 9 Sept (AEST)
Learn when and how to ask R U OK? so you can have a conversation that could change a life. Speakers include:
- Sam Mac, weatherman Sunrise and R U OK? Ambassador
- Katherine Newton, CEO R U OK?
- Ann-Maree Fardell Hartley, psychologist and suicidoligist
Read more about R U Ok? Day: https://www.ruok.org.au/join-r-u-ok-day
Watch the R U Ok? Day video: https://vimeo.com/574775905
We are a community, and we’re here to support you. Please reach out to us if you need support or assistance.
Take care and stay safe.